Day One - Emergency Surgical Procedures
This day will cover all of the major emergency surgical abdominal procedures which may be required in practice. In addition to the timetabled procedures, the lecturer is happy to cover additional procedures (e.g. pericardectomy) if desired by more advanced delegates where appropriate.
The price of this course includes overnight accommodation on the Saturday, breakfast Sunday morning and dinner on the Saturday evening. You are also welcome to use the leisure facilities at the hotel.
Day Two - Emergency Procedures
Dealing with emergency patients can be very rewarding, but can also be very stressful! Often procedures that the clinician may be unfamiliar with (or has only performed a few times), need to be carried out rapidly and under pressure if the patient is to be saved. By discussing the rationale of these techniques, and offering a chance to practise ‘hands on’ in a wet lab situation, the course aims to provide you with the necessary skills to confidently carry out these procedures back at your own practice.
By the end of day one you should be happy to perform:
- Cystotomy and urethrostomy/urethrotomy
- Diaphragmatic hernia
By the end of day two you should have an understanding of:
- Placing a tracheostomy tube
- Chest drain placement and appropriate management
- When and how to place feeding tubes
- Placing central lines and their indications
- Intra-osseus needle placement
Digital course notes, lunches, course dinner, all refreshments and bed and breakfast on the Saturday night.
|Payment Option||Initial Payment||Remaining Balance||Total Payable|
Payment Terms & Conditions
1. Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
2. Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
3. Full details regarding the course cancellation procedure can be found here: Terms and Conditions.
1. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
2. Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
3. Confirmation and enrolment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.